This Saturday is #SmallBizSat. A day dedicated to showing our support to the small businesses that make a BIG difference in our communities (although we do try to do this all year round here at ID). The day itself is much bigger in other cities so we'd like to start making it a big deal here too, our independent businesses deserve it.
Here's a few things happening this Saturday that mean you can get up, get out and show our independent businesses you care!
1. Craft Village Christmas Light Switch On
This Saturday 1st December at 3pm, the Craft Village will host its very own Christmas Light Switch On. The perfect event to bring the kids along, let them see Mr Santa Clause himself as he switches on the Village Lights and enjoy some fun activities such as face painting, balloon modelling and more. And not only that, you'll get the chance to listen to the wonderful 'Voices of the Foyle' Choir and enjoy some special discounts / Christmas shopping at the unique independent shops who trade within the village.
2. Christmas Craft Market at the Millennium Forum
Every year the Millennium Forum Theatre & Conference Centre host a Christmas Craft Market where a number of small local traders set up for the day to showcase and sell their products. The Christmas Craft Market will run from 11am-4pm packed with lots of local crafts and offering you a wide range of lovely gifts to fill the stockings with this Christmas.
3. Weekend Evening Menu at The Pickled Duck Cafe If you're a fan of the Pickled Duck Cafe, you'll know they ran a fantastic evening menu for customers a few months back. They are now bringing their delicious evening menu back for the month of December, launching this weekend! You can enjoy some delicious grub in the heart of the city, looking out onto a Christmassy Guildhall Square. Another reason to make a trip into the city centre on #SmallBizSat.
4. 20% off Gift Vouchers at Curtis Opticians For one day only and to celebrate Small Business Saturday, Curtis Opticians are bringing back their Black Friday offer and offering CARDHOLDERS 20% off all Gift Vouchers. So if you know someone who would be thrilled with a new stylish pair of specs / frames this Christmas, now is the time to grab 'em a voucher!
PS congratulations to Curtis Opticians who recently celebrated being in business for 90 years!! Wow-wee.
5. Donate a hot drink to someone in need // get a FREE hot meal when you buy an Independent Derry Card at Cow Bog.
So Cow Bog are running two BEAUTIFUL offers for our cardholders on #SmallBizSat - one of which is certainly starting the Christmas season off the right way and helping those in need. First up, buy a hot drink with your Independent Derry Card and Cow Bog will donate a token to their #PayItForward scheme, meaning someone who needs it, can call in and get a free hot drink of their choice. They are also offering a FREE hot meal to anyone who purchases an ID card on the day at the cafe!! Remember you can get the card for £12.00 instead of £15.00 so this is an offer not to me missed.
6. Get the Independent Derry Card for £12.00 instead of £15.00!
YES! To celebrate #SmallBizSat this Saturday you'll be able to buy your Independent Derry Card for £12.00 instead of £15.00 (for one day only) at the VENUES who sell the card which are: RoCo Hair, The Pickled Duck Cafe, The Quirky Raven, Cow Bog and Visit Derry. The card is valid for one whole year, which means you have 365 days of discovering, loving and supporting the independent scene in our city. Cardholders can access over 60 discounts across food, drink, retail and lifestyle businesses, saving a little whilst giving a little back. When you shop local you support a local person and their dream to do do something they love in the city that we love!
Don't forget to DOWNLOAD THE APP to easily view the businesses and the discounts available to you as a cardholder. AND, we love it when you send us your snaps of the card, food, drink and products from our independents so don't forget to do this on Saturday when you're out and about! Use the hashtag #SmallBizSatDerry. Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for updates on all things local.